Tuesday 1 March 2011

What Men Live By


I
am thinking about this collection of short stories and i remember that i didn't know what is a ruble and kopeek. i was 12 whn i read for the first time " What Men Live By " by Leo Tolstoi (funny name i had thought) and it got me glued and totally absorbed for 8 pages and even though i didn't recognize some of the bombastic words for a 12 year old, i remember could feel every emotion and godly lesson Leo taught. Even though the enlightenment wasn't very vivid as i was still a child and didn't know much about life and people I would feel this sense of being human living in a world where all happiness are expressed and all poverty n sadness stay well-hidden. I would finish reading the rest of the other short-stories in that book and i would close the book and lay on my bed still pondering on what men live by, thinking deep searching for the hidden meaning of those heavy sentences. i must have read it another 3/4 times throughout my teenage years and it gets more meaningful each time. whenever i catch the sight of this book, my heart melts a little.
See how life can be. Maybe it was destiny as i am now in the land of rubles n kopeeks and my heart skipped a beat as i realize how fate turned out for me. This is a gift from god.

No comments: